NEWS

CEO Kim Received a Prime Minister's Citation at the Oceans Day Ceremon…

Page info

Name POSSM Date23-06-21 17:22 Hit708 Comment0

Contents

On June 19(Mon), ‘The 28th National Oceans Day Government Awarding Ceremony’ was held in the conference room of the Government Complex-Sejong.

Merits for National Oceans Day are awarded every year on May 31 in celebration of ‘National Oceans Day’ to those who have significantly contributed to the development of the marine and fisheries sector. At this awarding ceremony, medals and commendations were awarded to 21 individuals who were not directly awarded at the 'Opening Ceremony of the 28th National Oceans Day’ held on May 31.

POS SM CEO, Kim Myeong-su received the Prime Minister's Citation for his contribution to ship management innovation, including the utilization of real-time big data-based smart platforms on more than 100 managing vessels and preemptive responses to international environmental regulations, such as joint research on rotor sail systems.

Minister Cho Seung-hwan of Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries remarked that “Despite the challenging conditions, the development of our marine and fisheries industry was possible because of the passion and dedication of the recipients.” He also stated that “I express my sincere gratitude to the deserving awardees and their families, and moving forward, I will strive my utmost alongside the marine and fisheries workers to propel South Korea into a new leading maritime nation.”

Comment list

No comment